Smart phone policy for the IIE:
- No phones to be switched on during test/exam time and should remain with the invigilator or in your bag.
- Phones should not be allowed to be used during lectures unless there is an urgent matter. So lecturers should remain aware of phone use and speak to students after class.
- Phone calls during lectures should be taken outside the lecture classroom.
- Inappropriate downloads and sites should be blocked on the student wifi as well as the guest wifi.
- Each student is allowed a certain amount of data per month and should be made aware of the amount to make sure it is used mainly for academic purposes.
- Videos taken of students or teachers and posted online should only be done with permission of said person.
- Cyber-bullying will not be tolerated and persons partaking will be punished accordingly.